Saturday, August 12, 2017

Thick as Thieves Book Review

Thieves (by Megan Whalen Turner) takes the viewpoint of Kamet, slave on the run from the Mede empire. He's helped by Costis (Attolian soldier) whom you'll know from the last Queen's Thief novel. Their journey across the desert is highly entertaining. I often found myself indignant on behalf of the characters, amused by their plight and fond of their actions. Always entertaining, Thieves is a quick read. You learn more about life in the Mede empire and how they view "the little kingdoms," along with some mythology. It's always interesting when you read something so in depth, not only with the main characters but all those they are surrounded by.

I highly recommend that you read these books in order. There are so many names and places that it's easy to loose track.

A snippet, to gain your interest…

"My King," said the Attolian, with a very serious expression, "likes to pretend that he doesn't recognize the Mede ambassador. Whenever they meet, the ambassador has to introduce himself--with all of his diplomatic titles and qualifications."
"No."
"Yes." And when I stared, aghast at this juvenile and frankly rude behavior in a head of state, he added, "Sometimes twice a day."
 "You lie," I said, certain that he was mocking me.
 He held up a hand. "My sacred oath." He didn't seem the least bit mortified.

No comments:

Post a Comment